Yes, time flies and T46 is already over! We had a very tough season, but I am confident we learned a lot, and as The Idiot’s Guide to Business Management says, “Losses that lead to learning can turn into great success.”
Both of our teams finished last in their sections with .5 match points each. Top score for our teams goes to CNoble with 50% (3 wins/6 games). Here is a review of how our results compared to our expectations (see last post for points I made before the season).
1. For point 1 we have complete success! We had a Zero Forfeit Season…Thank you to everyone; you are a captain’s dream come true. What does this mean for next season? I am finally confident we have a good, reliable team together. Forfeits have really hurt us in the past; now we can just concentrate on chess.
2. Most players have re-joined the channel.
3. We had no problems with variables or other technicalities.
4. Point four is the point on which we (I) really need to work; it will be the 1st point for next season. We need to collect at least 2.5 game points each round.
5. You judge results on this point…I know that although it was a very tough season for me (4 draws, 0 wins for TRT), I learned more this season than I believe I have from any other.
Below are some of the best games from this season:
jjgsmm vs. allegroknight --excellent example of holding out for a superior endgame